This video comes by way of tech geek extraordinaire Chris Pirillo, as part of his mobile Q&A sessions which he recorded with his iPhone that was mounted on the dashboard of his Prius. He answers the question, “How to decrease video file size” and offers the following advise:
- Keep in mind that anytime you decrease the file size of you video, you are also decreasing the quality.
- Look at originating profile as a frame of reference (resolution, bit rate, codec, frame rate, audio settings, etc.)
- His favorite video encoder of all time is MPEG Streamclip, a free open source video conversion tool for Mac or Windows. While it’s not perfect it is easy to use.
- Frame Size: 720 x 480 (1280 x 720 if you have a Pro account and would like an HD version as well)
- Video Codec: H.264
- Audio Codec: AAC
- Video Bitrate: 3.5Mbps – 5.0Mbps
- Audio Bitrate: 128 Kbps
- Fast Start Enabled: Yes