This video by Manatt Digital Media provides an overview of what is Digital Media and how the revolution is here. Are you ready?
One of the frequent issues seen with online video is formatting problems in aspect ratio and display resolution. You see a lot of these problems appear on YouTube with video just not looking right. In some cases, widescreen 16:9 video is squished into a standard definition or 4:3 aspect ratio. Or you see 4:3 video stretched into a 16:9 aspect ratio. The standard practice of letterboxing transfers video shot in a widescreen aspect ratio to standard definition video format while preserving the film’s original aspect ratio. Pillarboxing (reversed letterboxing) adds vertical black bars on each side of the video when the player a 16:9 aspect ratio. Windowboxing occurs when the video appears centered in the video player surrounded by a black frame on all four sides of the image.
yt:stretch=16:9 (fixes anamorphic content by scaling to 16:9)
yt:stretch=4:3 (fixes 720×480 content that is the wrong aspect ratio by scaling to 4:3)
yt:quality=high (default to a high quality stream, depending on availability)
This two-part article come by way of Master New Media and was originally shot and recorded by Robin Good for MasterNewMedia and first published on January 8, 2009 as “Online Video Marketing: Basic Tips And Advice From A Video Marketing Evangelist – Lasse Rouhiainen – Part 1” and on January 15, 2009 as “Online Video Marketing: Basic Tips And Advice From A Video Marketing Evangelist – Lasse Rouhiainen – Part 2.
If you are struggling to understand the fundamentals ofonline video publishing, as well as how to use videos to do marketing, this video article with Lasse Rouhiainen gives you some good basic information on how to get started.
Robin Good says, “Lasse Rouhiainen is a passionate YouTube video publisher
based in Alicante, Spain. Lasse who is a passionate video marketing
evangelist, works a lot with the tourism sector, helping travel
agencies and professionals get familiar and proficient in their use of
online video to market and promote their offerings. Having Lasse been a long-time fan of MasterNewMedia by sharing and
commenting back on much of my work, I have kindly invited him to join
me for an online video interview focusing on the basics of online video publishing and marketing.
What I wanted to get from him was some simple and immediately
applicable suggestions on what is probably the most difficult part of a
video publishing career: getting started. :… read more
Duration: 8′ 43″
How do you go about distributing your videos online in an effective
fashion? How do you choose the right keywords to title your clips? If
you are just starting up with online video marketing, these are
probably some of your most pressing concerns. Lasse Rouhiainen and Robin Good discuss how to
increase views, find relevant keywords, upload a video to multiple
video-sharing sites, choose a good video format. read more
Duration: 17′ 27″
Robert Sandie is co-founder and president of Viddler, who basically lives 24/7 on the site. He says, “Online video is my passion. It’s easy to give in. Nothing more powerful then a mailing list and your own destination site.”
In this short video sandieman points out the flaws in online video.There’s a lot of focus on YouTube subscriptions when the focus should be personal branding. Distribution is a means to end and the end result is your brand. You are the brand. Don’t let any branded destination site be the only way you can distribute and connect with your audience.
He also posted the video on his blog and said, “I care deeply about online video and the part that is discerning is the reliance upon one video service to provide all viewership for larger brands. Listen and let me know what you think. If you want to talk further, please don’t hesitate to email me at: rsandie |at| viddler (dot) com.
Want to talk live? Skype: r_sandie AIM: sandieman”
Viddler is a platform for video publishers
Viddler was built by a team of talented developers, designers, and architects.
Individually, our members have experience with companies like Macromedia, IBM, 9rules, and rackspace. We’re based in various locations around the world: Lukasz, Kasper, Maciek, and Krystian, our lead developers, are in Poland; while Andrew and Jason work out of Arizona. Donna, Rob, Colin and Kyle are all located in Pennsylvania. Brandice has her own Viddler Ohio office. We live on Skype and Twitter and have a virtual watercooler to keep up the team synergies. We also have a lot of fun.
Mark Robertson of Reel SEO and was written January 19, 2009 as SEO for Video – Tips & Tutorials for Video SEO – ReelSEO.
SEO for Video (hosted) Tips & Tutorials
- Website Video SEO Presentation – Video Search Engine Optimization
- How to Add In-File Metadata to Video Files – tutorial
- SEO Tip – How to Develop Backlinks to Your Videos
- Using SWFObject 2.1 to Provide Alternative HTML Content (Part 1)
- Tutorial – Using SWFObject 2.1 to Provide Alternative HTML Content (Part 2) – tutorial
- Video SEO Tips for Designing Websites
- Video Accessibility, Closed Captions, & Video SEO
- Google MRSS & RSS2.0 for Video Sitemaps – Tips & Info
- How to use Google Video Sitemaps for Video SEO – tutorial
- Creating Subtitles & Captions for Video SEO – tutorial
- Syndicate Video with Media RSS (MRSS) – tutorial
- Video SEO Distribution Tutorial – Submit Videos to iTunes
- Where to Submit Videos and Video RSS/MRSS Feeds
Video Sharing & Youtube Optimization Tips
- How to Encode H.264/MPEG-4 Videos for Video Sharing
- Video SEO Through Syndication & Distribution
- Youtube Keyword Research Tool
- YouTube Video SEO Tips from SES Chicago
- Youtube Deep Linking – How to Link to a Specific Point in a Youtube Video – tutorial
- How to Create Your Own YouTube “click-to-buy” Link – tutorial
- Youtube Traffic Analysis & SEO Recommendations
- Youtube Video Search Ranking Factors – Optimize for Youtube
- Using Youtube Annotations to Drive Traffic to Videos – tutorial
- Optimizing Video For Youtube Video Sharing
Tips from Friends
- SMX East – Video Search Engine Optimization Recap
- SES Search Usability Panel’s Recommendations for Video SEO
- Tips From Truveo for Video Search Optimization
- Tubemogul Tips for Internet Video Syndication & Distribution
- 5 Video Search Optimization Tips from Aaron Wall
General Tips & Techniques
- Tips for Clips that Capture Results
- Video Thumbnail Optimization – Tips to Consider for Creating Compelling Thumbnails
- Video SEO Guide – Video Search Engine Optimization Tips and Techniques
- Basic Checklist for Optimizing Video for Search Engines
- General Advice & Concepts for Video Search Optimization
- SEO For Video – 15 Top Tips for Video Optimization
- 2009 List of Video Search Engines & Video Search Sites
- 2009 List of Video Sharing Websites
- Do People Really Search for Online Video? The Case for Video SEO
- Online Reputation Management Tips Using Web Video & SEO
- More Video SEO Reputation Management – Traps, Tools, and Tips
- How to Optimize Streaming Video
Stay tuned for more !